When selling your home, work with a realtor you trust to determine a fair market price, commission agreement, marketing strategy and duration of the listing. Masuch Law can provide recommendations for realtors specializing in YOUR neighborhood and property type!
As soon as you decide to sell your home, locate your Real Property Report (RPR). Can’t find your RPR? Never received one when you purchased your home? Have you made changes to the outside of your home, including building fences, sheds, patios, hot tubs, garages or any other external structures? Call David to arrange for new Real Property Report and Compliance Certificate!
When your Realtor brings you an Offer to Purchase, make sure your acceptance is subject to approval by your lawyer, David, who will make sure there are no costly surprises hidden in the contract!
To minimize moving costs, avoid the busiest possession dates the first, middle or end of the month
After final acceptance (removal of conditions by the Buyer), have your Realtor deliver a copy of the Accepted Offer to Purchase to David. David will then contact you approximately 2-3 weeks prior to the possession date to make an appointment to complete the sale documents.
At your appointment with David, you will need:
- Your RPR
- 1 piece of government-issued photo identification
- A Void cheque if you wish your sale proceeds to be deposited directly into your account
- Mortgage information to arrange for a payout of current mortgage, if applicable
- Address of your new residence for contact purposes
- David will deduct your Realtor’s fees and selling costs from the proceeds of the sale.
- On the date of possession, David will receive the sale proceeds in trust from the buyer’s lawyer and will release the keys to the buyers by 12 noon.
Ready to start the process? Contact Masuch Law today!