Kellinde Wrightson practices real estate law, wills and estates, and civil litigation. She is interested in all areas of real estate law, including condominium projects and foreclosures. Kellinde joined our office as a Student-at-Law in 2017. Prior to that she was an award-winning university academic for 12 years and has a strong background in work that requires attention to detail.
Representative Experience 2018-2019
- Kellinde, as originating lawyer, is acting for a vendor corporation in its $6.7 million offering of common shares. This is a multi-faceted transaction involving corporate law and real estate law, including:
- Negotiating and drafting Share Purchase Agreement, Escrow, Vendor Take Back Mortgage in regard to corporate real property, General Security Agreement;
- Multiple ex parte court applications discharging expired leases and builder’s liens;
- Amending and completing historical Minute Books;
- Drafting resolutions; and
- Negotiating with the City of Calgary in regard to an on-going lease from the 1960s.
- Also, as originating lawyer, Kellinde is acting for a defendant in a Queen’s Bench civil litigation matter concerning the inchoate nature of a purchase and sale agreement where the Dower Act (Alberta)
Kellinde also works on:
- litigation files involving preparation for questioning, preparation and review of undertakings, and research briefs;
- foreclosure files including attending Master’s Chambers for orders;
- condominium projects involving Bylaws and Purchase Sale Agreement compliance with the new Condominium Property Amendment Act and associated Regulations;
- residential property sales, purchases, mortgage refinances and title transfers; and
- preparation of wills, trusts, enduring powers of attorney and personal directives.
Outside her work life, Kellinde:
- Enjoys the company of her family;
- Writes fiction for Australian publisher Brandl & Schlesinger; and
- Is a keen skier, having qualified as a Level 1 Ski Instructor with the Canadian Ski Instructors’ Alliance two years after taking up the sport.
Real Estate Law
Wills and Estates